You were warned yesterday that more of these were coming. ;)
This image was made in the same field as the image I posted yesterday. This time I focused only on bluebonnets...and it seemed they went on as far as you could see. It is very hard to see in this image, but in the background right along the horizon on the right side is a very large field of indian paintbrush flowers. I actually drove over to check those out, but the land owner had placed private property signs up and roped off everything at the road. So, I headed back over to this bluebonnet field.
Tech talk...I shot this at 15mm on my Sony A7R II using the Metabones adapter and Tamron Lens. So, basically, I set the lens to 15mm and put it right at the edge of these bluebonnets at a very low perspective. I wanted to get low for this shot. Not too low, though. If I had gotten much lower than this you couldn't see that the field is full of flowers. It would have looked more like a dozen flowers than thousands. Since the sky wasn't very interesting at all, I knew I didn't want to include much of it. So, using my Sirui W-2204 Tripod, I positioned my camera just a bit above the tops of these bluebonnets and angled it down to exclude much of the sky.
I shot this in aperture priority mode at F/16. I had to raise my ISO up to 800 because it was so windy. In order to keep the bluebonnets sharp, without blur from the wind, I raised my ISO so I could get a faster shutter speed. Between bumping my ISO and waiting on times between wind gusts, I was able to capture a few frames where there was no blur.
I'll try to give you a break from wildflowers next time. ;)